Winter Safety Tips
November 26th, 2018
Daylight savings has come and gone, the leaves are falling, and the temperature is dropping. It’s officially Fall, and that means more dark hours and more damp or wet roads. We understand that your need for Scoot doesn’t stop when the rain starts and that’s why our vehicles stay on the road, rain or shine. Here are some tips for safe riding in the winter months.
- Consider the conditions: Take a step outside and survey the roads. Is it a dewy morning or is it raining? If it’s raining, how hard is it raining? Use your best judgment before getting on any vehicle.
- Safety First: Always, always wear a helmet. Our motos come with helmets. It’s also required that you wear a helmet when riding a kick scooter. You can order a free helmet from us and we’ll mail it to you. For added visibility, you can buy cheap attachable lights on Amazon.
- Look-out for things that are extra slick in the rain: Wet leaves, manhole covers, road paint, muni tracks can all be quite slippery when wet.
- Ride slower: Just like on a bike or in a car, braking takes longer when conditions are wet. Ride slower and give the person ahead of you more space.
- Make some noise: The bell on the kicks and the horn on the motos are designed to sound friendly. Use them liberally to make your presence known.
- Dress appropriately: Multiple layers are always key, waterproof shoes never hurt, and gloves can make your ride extra comfortable. Check out our full winter weather fashion guide for more layering inspiration.
Here’s what Scoot employees wear in the rain. Don’t let a little inclement weather deter you from getting where you need to go. We’ll see you on the road ⚡️