Winter Riding Tips
December 19th, 2019
Keeping our riders, and the communities we operate in, safe is our #1 priority. And with changing weather patterns and unpredictable storms, it’s important to follow key safety tips. Keep these in mind while Scooting and share them with a friend while you’re at it! Let’s all stay safe this winter.
- Consider the conditions: Take a step outside and survey the roads. Is it a dewy morning or is it raining? If it’s raining, how hard? Always use your best judgment before getting on any vehicle.
- Safety First: Always, always wear a helmet. Our motos come with helmets, which makes strapping one on effortless. For added visibility, attach a personal flashing light to your bag or jacket.
- Look-out: Keep your eyes on the road for anything that can pose a potential hazard: wet leaves, pothole covers, crosswalk paint, and MUNI tracks can all be quite slippery when wet.
- Take it slow: Just like on a bike or in a car, braking takes longer when conditions are compromised. Ride slower and give the person ahead of you more space.
- Make some noise: Let’s hear you, Scoot! The bell on the kicks and the horn on the motos are designed to sound friendly. Use them liberally to make your presence known.
- Dress appropriately: It never hurts to layer, in fact, the more the merrier! Multiple layers are always key, waterproof shoes never hurt, and gloves can make your ride extra comfortable.
Don’t let inclement weather deter you from getting where you need to go.
Wishing you all a happy and healthy holiday season!