A guide: How to park kick scooters responsibly
October 1st, 2018
“Where is the best place to park my kick scooter?” You ask? Well, we’ll tell you!
Introducing the furniture zone! The furniture zone is the space between lamp posts, public trash cans, bike racks, etc. It’s also the best place to park your kick scooter because it is out of the way but still totally accessible! Here are five quick steps you can take to ensure that you’re always parked perfectly.
- Pull over somewhere safe. Once you’ve reached your destination, take a quick look all around you and make sure there are no vehicles in your path to pulling over. Then, ride between two parked cars or walk your scooter up a driveway to the curb. Remember, never ride your scooter on a sidewalk.
- Locate the furniture zone and find an area of the curb that isn’t painted red, blue, or yellow. If a wheelchair can’t get past, don’t park there. When you block a sidewalk path, you could be ruining someone’s day.
- Put the kickstand down. The only way a kick will stay up is if the kickstand is down! If a kickstand is damaged, report it in the app and lean the scoot on a tree or something out of the way.
- Look for a bike rack or a street sign and follow the steps prompted. Avoid locking Kicks at parking meters or other structures that a scoot can be easily removed from.
- End your ride in the app. Double check that you’re parked responsibly and end your ride. You will be prompted to take a picture. Taking a picture of the scooter helps Scoot keep our users accountable for safe parking.
Remember that the city granted us this permit because we have set an example for working with our users to ensure that we maintain a high level of accountability. Please set a good example for others and always park your scoot responsibly.